You are here : Home > County Offices > Assessor > FAQs

Frequently Asked Questions

What do I need to register my vehicle?
Based on your situation, you could need different items. However, if you purchased your vehicle from an individual, (not a dealership) you will need a title that has been signed by the seller, and yourself. You must have current Nevada insurance for that vehicle. You must also have a current Nevada mailing address. If the vehicle has an out of state title, you will also need a VIN inspection.
Do I qualify for "Family Sale", if I purchased a vehicle from a cousin?
No, the DMV is very specific as to who qualify's for this. The relationship of the seller to the buyer must be that of a spouse, child, grandchild, parent, grandparent, brother, or sister and no other. The relationship of parent and child includes adopted and illegitimate children and step children.
What is the ratio from taxable value to assessed value in Esmeralda County?
It is 35% times the assessed value.
Can I get a copy of a plot made for my Mining Claim?
Not in this office. We have maps you may look at, however, if you need your own map, you can get one from the BLM.